iTunes Remote is best for controlling Apple Music, iTunes, or the Apple TV app from anywhere in your home.
You can use the iTunes Remote app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to remotely manage your iTunes library. The App Store offers a free download of the iTunes Remote. The Apple iTunes Remote should be associated with the media library you want to control before using it. Your computer and device need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network and have the same Apple ID for accomplishment.
How to Pair?
- On your phone, launch iTunes Remote.
- If you are using iTunes Remote for the first time, select "Connect Manually."
- If this is not your first time using the iTunes Remote, select Settings and then "Add a media library."
- There will be a four-digit code.
- Type the code after clicking the Remote button in the iTunes app.
- The iTunes Remote app on your PC will be associated with your library.
The best method to control Apple Music, iTunes, or the Apple TV app from anywhere in your house is by using the iTunes Remote. To connect to Apple Music, iTunes, or the Apple TV app on your Mac or PC, download the app to your Apple device.
Apple iTunes Remote lets you:
- Access your Apple Music library
- Browse music by album, artist, and songs
- Browse movies, shows, and podcasts
- Create/edit playlists
- See upcoming songs
- Search your entire Apple Music library
- Explore shared Apple Music libraries
- Listen to music with AirPlay
- Send music to AirPlay speakers
- Group speakers together
- Set the volume on each speaker independently
An internet connection to Apple TV, Apple Music, or iTunes on a Mac or PC is required because of macOS 10.15.2 or above for Apple Music and the Apple TV app. Other requirements include iOS 11.4 or later on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. It is essential to have iTunes 12.8 or later to utilize iTunes Remote.
Connect your media library and iTunes Remote.
You must first associate the iTunes Remote app with the media library (or libraries) you want to manage before using it. The same Apple is required to sign in on your computer and device to the same wireless network.
- Launch the Remote app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Connect Manually if this is your first time using the iTunes Remote.
- If you have previously used the iTunes Remote: select Settings, then select "Add a media library."
- A 4-digit code is displayed.